Zotter Chocolates the company, the philosophy, trends, history and facts at a glance.
The new Easter collection is here! You can find the entire Easter range plus some sweet Mother’s and Father’s Day surprises in the latest catalogue.
SUMMARY OF NEWS AND CHANGES
• 5 new hand-scooped Easter chocolates, non-alcoholic and perfect for children’s palates
• 3 vegan hand-scooped Easter chocolates featuring, among other delicious ingredients, trendy hemp
• Flavour changes: Bunny in Easterland, Cheeky Bunnies, Easter Bunnies Everywhere, Rabbit Noir and Hot Chicken,
which is now decorated with colourful eggs
• A new design for the Labooko Easter Bunny
• An Easter nest, the eagerly anticipated Easter set with Easter chocolates and hay in a baggie
• New, brightly decorated and filled Easter bunnies, Easter eggs and Easter minis from our Mixing range
• All bonbon boxes and gift sets featuring new and exciting flavours
• Chocolate ideas for Mother’s and Father’s Day
You can find all innovations and the entire Easter range in our latest Easter catalogue.
• 7 different Advent calendars
NEW Nashido Advent Calendar with thin mini chocolates with creamy centres, produced by the world’s first chocolate robots – that‘s how we made the fusion of amazing fillings and slim size possible. A first-rate choc!
NEW Biofekt Advent Calendar: Now a golden star, decorated with many gift packages containing deliciously organic bonbons.
• 2 new Hand-scooped Christmas Chocolates, which are completely vegan
• 2 little Hand-scooped Christmas Minis including display
• 2 new nutty Classic Chocolates for Christmas and Krampus
• 4 new New Year’s chocolates with 2019 lettering and four-leaf clovers and many chocolatey surprises more...
You can find all innovations and the entire Christmas range in our latest Christmas catalogue.
August 17, 2018 – We are 100% organic and fair trade as well as bean to bar and from this season, we will start to apply our new FAIR hand sign logo, as we renounce the Fairtrade label. We become a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO). The WFTO will audit our entire business according to its fair-trade guidelines. 100% fair trade, without mass balance supply chain application, which we think is less than ideal.
Josef Zotter: "In my opinion, the FAIRTRADE certification is generally a good idea and certainly better than no oversight at all, but I want my customers to be able to buy chocolate and know that it contains exactly what it says on the wrapper."
We are starting off the new season with 21 new, hand-scooped chocolates with a bit of a subdued, classic character as opposed to the usual madness. There are many new nougat chocolates, which are also vegan, and we have created a few completely novel gift chocolates like "Have a Great Trip", "I love you", "Bravo! Amazing!", "Three Cheers For Us!" and many more. We are proud to present the "Sting Red Edition" as a special: this is a chocolate created with organic red wine from rock legend Sting, who owns a vineyard in Tuscany and has decided to make beautiful chocolate with us.
There are new and rare cocoa varieties and countries of origin to be found among the Labookos and we’ve written up a professional flavour profile for each. For the first time ever, some of our cocoa beans have been delivered via sailboat, completely eliminating environmentally harmful emissions: Labooko 70% Nicaragua • Sail Shipped Cocoa.
"Zotter is and will remain at the top of the world-best chocolate manufacturers and by far the most innovative chocolatier of all." (Chocolate – the reference standard 2015, p. 839)
The chocolate world is in motion, which is why the chocolate tester Georg Bernardini has once again published a colossal standard work (919 pages) about the international chocolate market. The test included 550 brands and 4,000 products from 70 countries (by comparison, in 2012, the test included 271 brands, 2,700 products and 38 countries).
Zotter ranks among the Top 25 - the best chocolatiers in the world
"Zotter: the placement among the Top 25 is so much matter of course as it is for only very few brands and companies, similar to Domori almost indisputable." (Chocolate – the reference standard 2015, p. 849)
The Top 25 are awarded 6 cocoa pods. 6 cocoa pods stand for "Extraordinary quality of all products. Extremely rare to no deviations in the outstanding quality of the products." (Chocolate – the reference standard 2015, p. 137)
Zotter is the only producer from Germany and Austria in the Top 25 and still the only one to produce solely in organic and fair-trade quality.
Reference: Georg Bernardini: "CHOCOLATE – THE REFERENCE STANDARD. The Chocolate Tester 2015. The best chocolates and pralines in the world. What’s behind it all and what we can gladly forego." 919 pages, $ 60.00 www.thechocolatetester.com